The cold season of winter could take a toll on your health. But fret not guys! To keep you warmed up and make you ready for the season; the superfood jaggery comes to your rescue. Surprised!! The mighty science has got answers to your queries. Studies have revealed some of the most amazing health benefits of jaggery.
It is a healthier alternative to refined white sugar and offers many health, hair and skin benefits. Especially, it is beneficial during winter due to its immunity-boosting properties.
Moreover, the warmth provided by it can help you battle cold days without medication.
Here are some of the prominent reasons for including jaggery in diet this winter:
- Jaggery is a great source of micronutrients like iron, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, and magnesium. These make you resistive to infections, thereby building stronger immunity.
- Jaggery is capable of dilating blood vessels. It reduces overall blood pressure while enabling easier blood flow.
- Jaggery is extremely helpful for people struggling with constipation. It works as a mild laxative due to high rich fiber content.
- Jaggery can help you beat cold, cough and flu. Just mix 1 teaspoon of jaggery with warm water and notice the effects.
- Eating jaggery stimulates digestive enzymes which are greatly beneficial for combating digestive, bloating and acidity related issues.
- Jaggery is also a blood purifier. Its micronutrients, selenium and zinc act like detoxifying agents. Therefore, its consumption is beneficial for people suffering from pneumonia, asthma, and bronchitis.
- Regular consumption of jaggery can help pregnant women cure anemia and low hemoglobin level.
- Jaggery has several surprising health benefits. However, people with diabetes need to be a little aware. They can consume jaggery but in controlled amounts. They should strictly monitor their consumption as it can influence blood sugar levels.